Future volunteers can register now on the Swiss Volunteers platform to volunteer in December 2021 at the Winter Universiade 2021.
The answers to the most frequently asked questions have been collected in the FAQ.
In addition to the volunteers during the event, the Organising Committee of the Winter Universiade is looking for numerous volunteers to take on a task in the run-up. The long-term volunteers will receive a small salary and the high-quality Winter Universiade 2021 kit, consisting of a ski jacket, midlayer, t-shirt and cap. The job descriptions for long-term volunteers are listed here.
Areas of work
The volunteers’ tasks at the Universiades are very varied, ranging from supervising teams, reporting from the competitions or working as a forerunner, to name just a few examples. The Organising Committee of the Winter Universiade 2021 is seeking many volunteers, especially in the following areas:
- Framework programme
- Volunteer centre
- and much more
Further information on the areas of work will be available on the Swiss Volunteers registration form.
Although the area you wish to work in is taken into account as much as possible, there may be deviations. Specific skills are required to perform tasks well in certain areas of work. A volunteer placement usually lasts between six and eight hours (including one hour for lunch) and volunteers who can work for several days are preferred in the selection process.
- a unique experience and a glimpse behind the scenes at a huge sporting event
- a large international network and the possibility of making new contacts
- the opportunity to create something amazing together
- an item of clothing from the Winter Universiade collection for every assignment. After five days of service, all volunteers will receive high-quality Winter Universiade 2021 kit, consisting of a ski jacket, midlayer, t-shirt and cap.
- suitable catering while on duty
- an invitation to the volunteers’ party
- a certificate for the duties carried out
ECTS credits for students
When recruiting volunteers, the Lucerne-Central Switzerland Winter Universiade 2021 Association can count on the support of its university partners: University of Lucerne, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Art, Pädagogische Hochschulen Luzern, Schwyz and Zug and the University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons.
Students from all Swiss universities are cordially invited to support this unique multi-sport event by and for students with volunteer assignments. Students who are interested can find out from their university's student advisory service whether ECTS points can be credited for an assignment at the Winter Universiade 2021.
Volunteers who are resident outside of Switzerland are very welcome. The following conditions must be fulfilled before being chosen:
- Arrival, departure and accommodation costs must be covered by you
- All volunteers must apply for the necessary visa to enter Switzerland on their own
- Covid-19: International volunteers must provide a form which proofs that they have been vaccinated in order to be assigned as a volunteer
The volunteers team would be happy to answer any other questions at email@example.com.